You are here
As a fellowship-trained physical medicine and rehabilitation and interventional spine specialist, Dr. Yung has extensive knowledge of the latest treatments and techniques for chronic bone, joint, muscle, and nerve-related pain. He offers a broad range of nonsurgical treatment options and pain diagnostics, including epidural steroid injections, facet joint and sacroiliac joint injections, electromyography and nerve conduction studies, nerve blocks, platelet-rich plasma therapy, and spinal cord stimulator implantation. Dr. Yung takes a comprehensive approach to patient care, finding the root source of pain and working closely with his patients to ensure they can have reduced pain and improved lives.
A graduate of Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Illinois, Dr. Yung attended The Ohio State University College of Medicine to earn his medical degree. He then underwent residency training in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. After completing his residency, Dr. Yung received extensive specialty training at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System in Los Angeles in the form of a pain medicine fellowship.
When he is not helping his patients, Dr. Yung enjoys spending time outdoors with his family and his dog.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Pain Medicine Fellowship: VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Pain Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- North American Spine Society
- Spine Intervention Society
- Island Hospital
- Skagit Regional Health